Life in most English Villages has been been moulded by local, national or global events and the Parish of South Willingham is no exception. This section covers past events that have had an impact on the village and are not covered in other sections eg the Norman Invasion, Enclosure Acts, the sale of the village as part of the Hainton Estate..
The village has never had a pub although it did have two Methodist Chapels and a Church. In 1926 the village was given a Parish Hall by the then Lord Heneage. This formed the nucleus of an active social life which is also covered in this section.